During cancer treatment, proper nutrition is essential to support body function, a healthy immune system, and keep the body strong. However some side effects of cancer treatment such as nausea, changes in taste and loss of appetite can make this challenging.
The dietitians and chefs at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® developed the cookbook Wholesome Temptation™ as a resource for cancer patients and caregivers to help ensure optimal nutritional support.
Each section of the book provides valuable information, tips and delicious recipes to support specific concerns:
- Antioxidant Boosters – This section lists antioxidant-rich foods and provides recipes that incorporate a variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds that contain a high amount of antioxidant compounds.
- Meatless Meals – Research suggests that a plant-based diet is a good way to incorporate more cancer-fighting foods into your diet. Recipes in this section provide a high amount of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that support healthy body function and a strong immune system. They are also good sources of fiber which support digestion and help maintain a healthy weight.
- Spice It Up! – As cancer treatment can sometimes affect taste, this section includes tips for managing taste changes and flavorful recipes that contain foods or spices that “kick” it up a notch.
- Gut Reaction – This section provides practical tips and recipes to manage a range of possible digestive imbalances.
- Soft Bites – These recipes and tips are designed to help patients who experience dry mouth or mouth sores from cancer treatment. The recipes are soft and non-irritating but still very flavorful and nutritious.
- Mini Meals -- For some patients, treatment dulls the appetite and eating smaller meals more often is better tolerated. The mini-meals in this section contain lean protein and other essential nutrients in smaller portions.
- Mighty Meals – These high-calorie, high-protein meals help maintain weight.
As a subsidiary of Cancer Treatment Centers of America, CNCA shares in the mission and vision behind this first-of-its kind book. We have added Wholesome Temptation™ to our online store and in the weeks ahead, we’ll highlight some of the tips and recipes from the cookbook here on the blog.
Help Find a Cure!
When you purchase the Wholesome Temptation™ cookbook or any CNCA supplement, a portion of your sale is donated to The Gateway for Cancer Research Foundation. This nonprofit organization works with leading treatment innovatorssm searching for breakthroughs that can help cancer patients live longer, feel better and be cured -- TODAY!