The same premium New Zealand whey protein powder from CNCA is now available with an antioxidant kick of pure organic raw cacao. CNCA Organic Raw Cacao Whey Pure Protein delivers all the health benefits of whey protein isolate and raw cacao in an easy to mix powder that’s great for shakes and smoothies.
Whey Protein Benefits
Once considered a supplement just for body builders, whey protein has found a wider audience among people of all ages for good reason.
Proteins are the building blocks of the body. Every cell in the human body contains protein. It is a major part of the skin, muscles, organs, and glands and is essential for overall health.
You need to eat protein daily as your body doesn't store proteins in the way it stores fats or carbohydrates. The average person needs 50 to 65 grams of protein each day. And while some of us are meeting that requirement, many of us don’t. Then there’s the question of quality. Many protein sources in the typical American diet come with a high amount of fat and cholesterol.
Therefore, whey protein can be an excellent source of protein for many reasons:
- Whey protein is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids required by the body.
- It is also considered the richest known source of naturally occurring branched chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine). These amino acids are important during periods of greater physical stresses on the body.
- An important difference between whey protein and other complete protein sources is that whey contains all the amino acids with little or no fat, cholesterol or sugar.
- Whey protein is highly digestible and is readily absorbed and utilized by the body. Based on methods used to evaluate protein quality, whey protein scores higher in biological value than milk (casein) soy, beef or wheat gluten.
Whey Protein and Weight Management
Whey protein powder can promote a healthy weight, help maintain muscle mass, and promote immune health. In studies, whey protein has been shown to:
- affect satiety as study participants utilizing whey protein showed significantly lower levels of the hunger-stimulating hormone, ghrelin, compared to non-users.
- promote healthy blood sugar levels. When blood sugar levels are balanced, dieters are not tempted to eat as often and thus lose weight.
- provide an excellent source of lean protein to help maintain or build muscle. As you age, or become less active due to illness whey protein can help prevent muscle wasting (loss).
- increase cellular glutathione levels. Glutathione is an antioxidant responsible for defending the body against free radical damage and toxins.
Not to be confused with cocoa powder which is highly processed, the cacao in CNCA Whey Pure Protein with Organic Raw Cacao is extracted from the seeds of the cacao tree and then minimally processced to retain antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients.
Raw cacao contains one of the highest amounts of natural antioxidant called flavonoids--more than red wine or green tea. Flavonoids are compounds that:
- support a healthy inflammation response.
- act as antioxidants that protect your body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals formed as a byproduct of normal metabolism and physical activity as well as from exposure to environmental toxins such as tobacco smoke, UV radiation and pollution.
- promote healthy cell formation and growth.
- promote cardiovascular health.
- support cognitive function.
Cacao also contains serotonin, tryptophan, and anandamide, neurochemicals that support a positive mood—which may account for chocolate’s reputation as a comfort food and aphrodisiac.
About CNCA Whey Protein
CNCA Whey Protein Isolate is 92% protein and minimally processed so that the proteins remain undenatured, soluble and have utmost physiologic activity and benefit. Our protein powders are produced in New Zealand from milk provided by New Zealand dairy cows that graze on pesticide-free and chemical-free natural grass pastures. They are also free of growth hormones or antibiotic residue.
New Hope 360